Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Patty Patty is offline

Default How do I insert the file path at the end of a letter in Word?

In our office we normally insert the file path on letters and documents
created (so anybody would know where this document is saved on our system)
for future amendments to the doc. How is this done on Word 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Click the Insert tab in the ribbon - Quick Parts dropdown arrow - Field.
Select Filename, and tick "Add path to filename"; click OK.

To make this more accessible, you can right-click Field and add it to the
Quick Access Toolbar. You can also enter the field directly:

1. Press Ctrl+F9.

2. Type FILENAME \p between the {field braces}

3. Press F9 to update the field.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible