Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Raj

Default Word mail merge with excel data ..how to save the link?

I am using word mail merge with excel data. At the moment whenever I open the
word document, I am forced to select the data source and reset the
filter,sorting etc. My source data is always in 'USB Data stick' it might
change from document to documnet.
Can you pls help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UmFq?=,

I am using word mail merge with excel data. At the moment whenever I open the
word document, I am forced to select the data source and reset the
filter,sorting etc. My source data is always in 'USB Data stick' it might
change from document to documnet.

Version of Word? Which application is supplying the data source? Are you always
using the same USB stick for the same document?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)