Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Text Form Field Delete after printing

If you have "Update fields" checked on the Print tab of Tools | Options,
then it could be that the form fields would be updated (cleared) when you
print. You could try unlinking the fields (Ctrl+A, Ctrl+Shift+9) before
printing.

"HDias" wrote in message
Situation:

We have a form that contains Text Form Fields. The form was filled in by

user and saved. Great.

A user in our office opened the same document. The Text forms fields are
filled in with the saved information as they should be. However, when he
PRINTS the document, the populated text form fields clear and are blank.

In
order to see the text, he must exit the document and not save it and then
open it again. It continually happens to him.

When I open the same form and print the document, this does not happen to
me. The populated text in the fields remains in tact.

I must conclude it has something to do with the way word or his printer is
configured on his computer.

What is causing this and what can I do to make it stop.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.