Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kona Kona is offline

Default Change autocorrect from making first letter lower case after tab?

I have been trying to change the auto correct settings to stop making the
first letter of the word lower case after I tab. I need to put a letter "A"
then tab over and the sentence needs to be capital. It sees it as the same
sentence and makes it lower case.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

I don't think you can do this. You can suppress capitalisation after
particular strings but not impose it.

If what you are trying to do is create a list you can set 'numbering'
(Format Bullets and Numbering Numbered tab) to use A, B, C, etc. The
text after the tab will then be considered a new sentence and capitalised.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Kona" wrote in message
I have been trying to change the auto correct settings to stop making the
first letter of the word lower case after I tab. I need to put a letter

"A"
then tab over and the sentence needs to be capital. It sees it as the

same
sentence and makes it lower case.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kona Kona is offline

Default Change autocorrect from making first letter lower case after t

Thanks Tony, this is what I found too. I was hoping I was wrong. I cannot
use the bullet system as I need specific unordered letters at the beginning
of the categories. Not ABC, 123, etc. I guess I'll be doing a lot of
backspacing. Argh!
I did find that if I turn off the AddIn that I am using, it does not give me
this complication. That may be my answer, but again, extra keystrokes.Thanks

How do I change the font size in the letter wizard? Pat Mailmerge 3 September 5th 06 02:18 PM
CardText Field Switch JoyceA Mailmerge 2 June 18th 05 11:05 AM
changing all upper case document to all lower case document Prosecutor Microsoft Word Help 1 February 8th 05 05:32 PM
How do I turn dollar amounts into words? Theresa Wright New Users 5 January 25th 05 10:28 AM
How do I change fonts in autocorrect? beth0911 Microsoft Word Help 1 December 7th 04 09:45 PM