Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
npetrikov npetrikov is offline

Default Pasting Text that Automatically Indents

I'm using Word 2007 with XP. My paste options are set to "Match Destination
Formatting." When I paste to a new document (i.e., based on the latest
version of Normal), it automatically indents what I paste. The indent is of
the entire text, as if the left margin had been increased by .5". I don't
want it indented!

I've checked Normal, and the paragraph formatting is not set to indent. Why
does the paste function do this? Why does it think that Destination
Formatting calls for indenting? How can I stop it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you use the Paste Special dialog box and paste as "Unformatted Text," does
that fix the problem?

To display the Paste Special dialog box, click the Home tab, click Paste,
and then click Paste Special.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"npetrikov" wrote:

I'm using Word 2007 with XP. My paste options are set to "Match Destination
Formatting." When I paste to a new document (i.e., based on the latest
version of Normal), it automatically indents what I paste. The indent is of
the entire text, as if the left margin had been increased by .5". I don't
want it indented!

I've checked Normal, and the paragraph formatting is not set to indent. Why
does the paste function do this? Why does it think that Destination
Formatting calls for indenting? How can I stop it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad I could help.

--