Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gollyg gollyg is offline

Default Can't close Word normally

After closing my Word files, when I try to close Word, I get hung up with an
hourglass sitting there, and no response. I hit ALT-CTL-DEL and it says the
program is not responding. I click 'END NOW' and can get out, but something's
wrong. I reinstalled Word, but it's still doing it. Any suggestions?
--
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm with particular
attention to the normal temlate and add-ins.

gollyg wrote:
After closing my Word files, when I try to close Word, I get hung up
with an hourglass sitting there, and no response. I hit ALT-CTL-DEL
and it says the program is not responding. I click 'END NOW' and can
get out, but something's wrong. I reinstalled Word, but it's still
doing it. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gollyg gollyg is offline

I tried following the suggestions, but it's still acting up the same way. It
seems to edit and save the files o.k., it's just a problem in closing out of
Word.
--
Thank you.

gollyg wrote:
After closing my Word files, when I try to close Word, I get hung up
with an hourglass sitting there, and no response. I hit ALT-CTL-DEL
and it says the program is not responding. I click 'END NOW' and can
get out, but something's wrong. I reinstalled Word, but it's still
doing it. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you start Word in its safe mode (hold the CTRL key whilst starting and
positively acknowledge the ensuing prompt) does the problem still occur? If
it does, repair Word from the original installation CD. If it does not then
the problem lies with one of the issues mentioned in the second of the two
links I posted.