Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Old.Professor Old.Professor is offline

Default Substituting Algers font for Algerian

I have Word 2007 on my desktop and laptop. The desktop has Algerian
font and the laptop does not. I don't know where the Algerian came
from. After some research I discovered that I had Algers font on an
old Corel Draw CD. I installed it and found that in is indeed very
much like Algerian. But I can't figure out how to get Word to use
Algers when the font in the document is Algerian. I don't want to
change all occurances; I want Word to use Algers when it "sees"
Algerian. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Old.Professor,

The standard Algerian font comes with MS Publisher and is named Alger.ttf. See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837463

If your document uses the Algerian font as part of a Style definition, then changing all instances of Algerian to Algers is as
simple as re-defining the Style, If not, a Find/Replace operation can achieve the same ends - with the 'Find' option selected, click
More|Format|Font and select 'Algerian' from the drop-down, then do the same with the 'Replace' option, using the Algers font.

--
Cheers
macropod