Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kennsa62 kennsa62 is offline

Default Can I install Word 2000 on a Vista Machine that has Word 2007 ?

Can both versions of Word (2000 & 2007) coexist on the same machine.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

They can but I think there is a registry change that you;d have to do. Is
there a reason why you'd need both versions?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"kennsa62" wrote in message
Can both versions of Word (2000 & 2007) coexist on the same machine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"kennsa62" wrote:

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

They can but I think there is a registry change that you;d have to do. Is
there a reason why you'd need both versions?

-- My friend has 2007 but is unfamiliar with using it and prefers to work using Word 2000 (He isn't computer savvy). He wants me to reinstall Word 2000 but leave 2007 installed for his wife to use.

Could you elaborate on the reistry change ?

kennsa62

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"kennsa62" wrote in message
Can both versions of Word (2000 & 2007) coexist on the same machine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 15:09:01 -0700, kennsa62
wrote:

"kennsa62" wrote:

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

They can but I think there is a registry change that you;d have to do. Is
there a reason why you'd need both versions?

-- My friend has 2007 but is unfamiliar with using it and prefers to work using Word 2000 (He isn't computer savvy). He wants me to reinstall Word 2000 but leave 2007 installed for his wife to use.

Could you elaborate on the reistry change ?

Read
http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com/2...03-coexisting/

Although it talks about Word 2003, the same type of registry setting also will
work for Word 2000. Instead of the Office\11.0\Word\Options key that corresponds
to Office 2003, you would make the setting in the Office\9.0\Word\Options key.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You may want to suggest that he get used to using the 2007 version now
because the ribbon isn't going to go away. By continuing to use the older
version, he's only setting himself up for a battle down the road. I don't
use Office 2007 at work and I have a legal license for Office 2003 at home.
I use 2007 though because I know that some day my office will be upgrading
and I do not want to be struggling with software when I have real work to
do.

Just a suggestion...

--

JoAnn Paules