Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lion Six Lion Six is offline

Default Why do labels print too low in Word 2007?

I am trying to print a page of return address labels in Word 2007. I select
the proper type of label (Avery 5160) but no matter what I try, the labels
print a half inch too low, wasting the sheet. I have tried changing the top
margin; no good. I have tried reducing or eliminating the vertical pitch;
this does not work at all (i.e., as soon as I click "Okay" it returns to its
default vertical pitch). I have tried creating a new label from scratch; same
problem. The only way I can print the labels correctly is to send the sheet
to a "new document" and then manually tinker with the top margin. This wastes
a lot of paper and takes a lot of time!

How do I get Word 2007 to print the labels in the proper vertical alignment?
Word 2003 seems to have been much superior to the new product in this feature.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the article "Mailmerge Labels with Word XP/2003" on fellow MVP Graham
Mayor's website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lion Six" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I have a 2007 related link -
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm
There are some anomalies relating to label merges with Word 2007 that this
page attempts to address.