Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Millie[_2_] Millie[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 'split page' function

This is what I would like to do. Can someone please tell me if it is possible?

I want to create a panel of information down one side of a document that
serves as a reminder of what I am writing in the main document. However I
don't want this text to be part of the main document, I want to be able to
open or close the panel of information without opening or closing the main
document and I don't need to necessarily print this information.

I have thought of using 'Comments' to achieve what I want but I don't need
the information to pinpoint a particular word or sentence in the main
documents (as comments do).

Is there a Word function that would help me achieve this?

--
Millie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen[_4_] Jen[_4_] is offline

Hi Millie,
You could use a 2 column table and use hidden text in left column (create a
style), which you can see on screen but won't print unless you turn on an
option in Print to print it.

Hope this helps.

Split Table - Word 2007 Sue C Tables 4 April 16th 09 08:39 AM
how do you split a page into two sheets in word 2007? GP Page Layout 2 January 31st 08 09:26 PM
Word 2007 - Header / Footer. Different first page won't function Inge Sqz Microsoft Word Help 5 May 31st 07 11:44 AM
Arrange a page with Window, Split, save and reopen to same split Arlene Microsoft Word Help 1 September 23rd 05 01:01 AM
Arrange a page with Window, Split, save and reopen to same split Arlene Page Layout 1 September 22nd 05 11:09 PM