Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lillian Lian Lillian Lian is offline

Default lost underline when I received someone's doc file

I have one user she send me her doc file to me, but when I get it, it lost
the under line which she have originally from her doc file, I went to see her
from her PC, she opened it to me, it has underline on some parts of paragh,
but when she email to me, I open it, the underline is disappear.

any idea? we both have word 2003 with SP3.

Thanks.

Lillian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lillian Lian Lillian Lian is offline

Suzanne,

What is different with font property and track change? I thought normally
when you want to underline, just click the menu bar on the top.

Lillian

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did she apply the underline as a font property, or was she using Track
Changes? If the latter, make sure you have markup displayed.

"Lillian Lian" wrote in message
news
I have one user she send me her doc file to me, but when I get it, it lost
the under line which she have originally from her doc file, I went to see
her
from her PC, she opened it to me, it has underline on some parts of
paragh,
but when she email to me, I open it, the underline is disappear.

any idea? we both have word 2003 with SP3.

Thanks.

Lillian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lillian Lian Lillian Lian is offline

Where is the insertion on a marked-up document?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did she apply the underline as a font property, or was she using Track
Changes? If the latter, make sure you have markup displayed.

"Lillian Lian" wrote in message
news I have one user she send me her doc file to me, but when I get it, it
lost
the under line which she have originally from her doc file, I went to
see
her
from her PC, she opened it to me, it has underline on some parts of
paragh,
but when she email to me, I open it, the underline is disappear.

any idea? we both have word 2003 with SP3.

Thanks.

Lillian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Any text that has been inserted while Track Changes is enabled will by
default be formatted as underlined. If you don't have the "markup"
displayed, you won't see the underlines, nor will you see deleted text and
comments in "balloons" in the margin.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did she apply the underline as a font property, or was she using Track
Changes? If the latter, make sure you have markup displayed.

"Lillian Lian" wrote in
message
news I have one user she send me her doc file to me, but when I get it, it
lost
the under line which she have originally from her doc file, I went
see
her
from her PC, she opened it to me, it has underline on some parts of
paragh,
but when she email to me, I open it, the underline is disappear.

any idea? we both have word 2003 with SP3.

Thanks.

Lillian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] mxk@datanumen.net is offline

On 4ÔÂ11ÈÕ, ÉÏÎç6ʱ13·Ö, Lillian Lian
wrote:
I have one user she send me herdocfile to me, but when I get it, it lost
the under line which she have originally from herdocfile, I went to see her
from her PC, she opened it to me, it has underline on some parts of paragh,
but when she email to me, I open it, the underline is disappear.

any idea? we both have word 2003 with SP3.

Thanks.

Lillian

Hi,

Why not try Advanced Word Repair at http://www.datanumen.com/awr/ ?
It recovers several important Word documents for me and is really
helpful!

Alan