Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lucy230 lucy230 is offline

Default recover changed document

I had a 188 page word document and somehow only the last page was saved when
the document was closed. I do not have the automatic back-up turned on. Is
it possible to reconstruct the document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Not if you don't have a backup. Any chance you emailed that file to anyone?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"lucy230" wrote in message
I had a 188 page word document and somehow only the last page was saved
when
the document was closed. I do not have the automatic back-up turned on.
Is
it possible to reconstruct the document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lucy230 lucy230 is offline

To anyone who may be interested - I recovered my file from my computer using
software called Disk Internals Word Recovery. Using the trial program you
can find out if the file is somewhere your hard disk. When you save a file
to the hard disk it is usually written in another location than the
previously saved file unless you specify for it to be overwritten. I was
able to find the file the last time I saved it and recover 99% of it. Thanks
to this very helpful bulletin board.