Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Guy Lydig Guy Lydig is offline

Default Booklet printing

My booklet (14 pages) prints fine without pictures. However, if I place a
picture on the first page, that page does not print in the correct place. It
prints on the LEFT rather than the RIGHT. Also, I placed a picture on page 2
which contained a page number in the footer. The page number printed on the
correct side. However, the picture went to the RIGHT side of the page (which
is the WRONG side). The formatting for the page number moved together with
the picture.

Solutions, anyone?

TIA

Guy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is a known issue (which is to say that it has been reported numerous
times). If there is a solution, I haven't seen it offered. Note, by the way,
that there's no such thing as a 14-page booklet; it has to have 16 pages
(though I doubt that that's the problem). If all else fails, see the
alternative method described in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm

"Guy Lydig" wrote in message
My booklet (14 pages) prints fine without pictures. However, if I place a
picture on the first page, that page does not print in the correct place.
It
prints on the LEFT rather than the RIGHT. Also, I placed a picture on page
2
which contained a page number in the footer. The page number printed on
the
correct side. However, the picture went to the RIGHT side of the page
(which
is the WRONG side). The formatting for the page number moved together with
the picture.

Solutions, anyone?

TIA

Guy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Guy Lydig Guy Lydig is offline

First, you are correct--it is a 16-page booklet.
Can Microsoft Publisher handle this or does the same problem arise with
pictures?

"Guy Lydig" wrote in message
My booklet (14 pages) prints fine without pictures. However, if I place a
picture on the first page, that page does not print in the correct place.
It
prints on the LEFT rather than the RIGHT. Also, I placed a picture on page
2
which contained a page number in the footer. The page number printed on
the
correct side. However, the picture went to the RIGHT side of the page
(which
is the WRONG side). The formatting for the page number moved together with
the picture.

Solutions, anyone?

TIA

Guy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For this sort of booklet you'd probably find Publisher a lot more
satisfactory. Because it is page layout software, it handles graphics much
more easily to begin with. If you have continuous text, however, you'll have
to learn the technique of linked text boxes on the succeeding pages, which I
have found a difficult concept to master, but it may be easier if you start
by trying to paste the content from Word in and letting Publisher "autoflow"
it.