Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
roccogrand roccogrand is offline

Default Retaining Custom Settings w/Emailed Docs

I have two questions.

1. My company doesn't use SharePoint or Groove, and documents are shared via
email as attachments. When I send documents to my boss they come back with
his Word settings. For example, documents come back to me without the
Formatting toolbar enabled and without my macros in Word. Is there a way to
set my version of Word 2003 so that my Normal template is always used? (I
think that Word 2007 has this functionality.)

2. And is it possible to prevent styles that are not in my Word from being
imported into documents? It is a real pain going through shared documents
and removing unwanted styles and I can't always force others to only type
into my master documents -- they like to paste boilerplate text from existing
documents.

Thank you.

LN