Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TJ TJ is offline

Default Printing to Panasonic Continuous Feed Printer

I've had to dust off my old Panasonic KX-P1124I printer to print 5-part
International Waybills.

The form is 10.0" wide x 7.5" deep. My Page Setup in Word is 10.0 x 7.5.

Word does not give me a 7.5" option when I try to print and defaults to an
11" page. The printer is accurately advanced 7.5" when testing form feed.

Does anyone have a suggestion as how to get Word to recognize a 7.5" form?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TJ TJ is offline

Thanks for the suggestion. I had in fact tried all the print drivers, etc.
However, you prompted a thought which was to load a "generic" print driver
which worked like a champ. Thanks for your help.

"TJ" wrote:

I've had to dust off my old Panasonic KX-P1124I printer to print 5-part
International Waybills.

The form is 10.0" wide x 7.5" deep. My Page Setup in Word is 10.0 x 7.5.

Word does not give me a 7.5" option when I try to print and defaults to an
11" page. The printer is accurately advanced 7.5" when testing form feed.

Does anyone have a suggestion as how to get Word to recognize a 7.5" form?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Did you also "dust off" the printer driver for the printer?... *And* check
to see if there is an update available for the current Windows & Office
build levels? It's possible that the driver hasn't been updated, but check
with Panasonic support for one that mght be compatible - or if they might
recommend a generic driver.

Word has been accused of not dealing with custom paper sizes very well, but
in many cases it is only partly responsible. The right driver software is a
must if Word is to have any chance of getting it right:-)
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

news