Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
princesspersian princesspersian is offline

Default Want to create new normal.dot file

Somehow I have corrupted/ changed the default settings on my normal.dot
template and even if I create a new template the old settings remain? In
particular the cursor starts at the very top of the page - and I mean the
very top. The second issue is that "printer crop marks" have now appeared.
While they don't show when printing they do annoy me. How do remove these
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:00:01 -0700, princesspersian
wrote:

Somehow I have corrupted/ changed the default settings on my normal.dot
template and even if I create a new template the old settings remain? In
particular the cursor starts at the very top of the page - and I mean the
very top. The second issue is that "printer crop marks" have now appeared.
While they don't show when printing they do annoy me. How do remove these

The "top of the page" thing is a setting in the options, "White space
between pages". It can also be turned on and off by clicking when the
cursor is at the top of the page, when it's a pair of boxes -- see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm.

The crop marks are the result of having an East Asian language
enabled. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371 for
instructions to remove it.

Note that neither of these things has anything to do with removing the
Normal.dot template.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman