Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Hyperlink an Excel chart

From Word, I'm trying to create a hyperlink that will open a specific tab in
Excel. The catch is this is a chart tab (no cells to reference in the
hypelink).
--
Kevin
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You're starting at the wrong end:-)

Go into the Excel file's chart page, Control+A (Select All), Control+C
(Copy).

Then go back to your Word doc and with the insertiopn point where you want
the chart object inserted go to Edit Paste Special, click the Paste Link
option (MS Office Excel Chart Object should already be selected), click OK.
You may have to resize the chart object to fit your page.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Kevin" wrote in message
From Word, I'm trying to create a hyperlink that will open a specific tab
in
Excel. The catch is this is a chart tab (no cells to reference in the
hypelink).
--
Kevin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Sorry - Misread your post while still thinking about another of a similar
natu-)

Base on that suggestion though, you might want to follow it but additionally
tick the box to Display as Icon - it will require a double-click but deliver
the same result as a Hyperlink.

Otherwise I believe you have to hyperlink to the file, then edit the path to
specify the sheet by name. Excel provides no direct feature for
"bookmarking" which is required to hyperlink to a specific location within a
file.

Am not certain of the syntax, but perhaps another reply will give the
details.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"CyberTaz" typegeneraltaz1ATcomcastdotnet wrote in message
You're starting at the wrong end:-)

Go into the Excel file's chart page, Control+A (Select All), Control+C
(Copy).

Then go back to your Word doc and with the insertiopn point where you want
the chart object inserted go to Edit Paste Special, click the Paste Link
option (MS Office Excel Chart Object should already be selected), click
OK. You may have to resize the chart object to fit your page.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac