Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
onihcinchino onihcinchino is offline

Default Removing Watermark

I created a watermark on a document last year. This was then transferred to a
read-only document for this year. I removed the "read-only" document from its
resident drive and moved to my working drive for this year. I cannot remove
the watermark. It is not in a header/footer -- I have tried all the options
suggested in the discussion group about removing it from a header/footer but
it was not set-up in a header/footer. I have tried removing it with the
"select object" on the drawing toolbar and it would not remove it. I need
this gone NOW! Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peace Peace is offline

Remove any section breaks that you have in your document - you will hopefully
be able to remove your watemark - did happen to me once

"onihcinchino" wrote:

I created a watermark on a document last year. This was then transferred to a
read-only document for this year. I removed the "read-only" document from its
resident drive and moved to my working drive for this year. I cannot remove
the watermark. It is not in a header/footer -- I have tried all the options
suggested in the discussion group about removing it from a header/footer but
it was not set-up in a header/footer. I have tried removing it with the
"select object" on the drawing toolbar and it would not remove it. I need
this gone NOW! Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peace Peace is offline

I replied to this about an hour ago - not been posted yet -

The Answer is: if there are any section breaks in the document remove them
first - and then go to format - background - remove watermark

Hope it helps

Peace

"onihcinchino" wrote:

I created a watermark on a document last year. This was then transferred to a
read-only document for this year. I removed the "read-only" document from its
resident drive and moved to my working drive for this year. I cannot remove
the watermark. It is not in a header/footer -- I have tried all the options
suggested in the discussion group about removing it from a header/footer but
it was not set-up in a header/footer. I have tried removing it with the
"select object" on the drawing toolbar and it would not remove it. I need
this gone NOW! Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A watermark is just a graphic anchored to the header or footer. View |
Header and Footer. Click on the watermark and delete it. If you have more
than one section (or have enabled "Different first page" or "Different odd
and even"), you may need to use the Show Next/Show Previous buttons to move
through all the headers and delete it in each one.

If the watermark can't be seen in Print Preview but still prints, it may be
being added by your printer rather than Word; this is a feature of some
printers. You can check that in the printer Properties.

"onihcinchino" wrote in message
I created a watermark on a document last year. This was then transferred

to a
read-only document for this year. I removed the "read-only" document from

its
resident drive and moved to my working drive for this year. I cannot

remove
the watermark. It is not in a header/footer -- I have tried all the

options
suggested in the discussion group about removing it from a header/footer

but
it was not set-up in a header/footer. I have tried removing it with the
"select object" on the drawing toolbar and it would not remove it. I need
this gone NOW! Any suggestions?

Removing a watermark that won't go away John Green Microsoft Word Help 7 April 26th 23 08:51 AM
Removing Watermark? Rockitman Microsoft Word Help 2 July 26th 07 07:08 PM
macro for removing watermark Kimmie B Microsoft Word Help 1 March 10th 06 06:55 AM
Removing a watermark kmm Page Layout 3 October 26th 05 01:11 AM
Help Removing a Watermark Harold Microsoft Word Help 4 August 31st 05 08:12 PM