Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kisa Canada Kisa Canada is offline

Default How do I assign keyboard strokes for highlighting in MS-Word?

You know how there are quick buttons for certain functions (i.e. ctrl + B for
bold; ctrl + U for underline)?

Is there such a function for highlighter? I type my version of my notes and
I highlight in yellow what I DELETE for the student version of my notes. I
have to move my cursor all the time up to the tool bar... It would save me a
step (over 300x a day) if there was a code.

Can anyone tell me if there is a code?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Kisa Canada wrote:
You know how there are quick buttons for certain functions (i.e. ctrl
+ B for bold; ctrl + U for underline)?

Is there such a function for highlighter? I type my version of my
notes and I highlight in yellow what I DELETE for the student version
of my notes. I have to move my cursor all the time up to the tool
bar... It would save me a step (over 300x a day) if there was a code.

Can anyone tell me if there is a code?

There isn't one by default, but you can assign one.

Press Ctrl and Alt and the plus sign on the number pad together. The cursor
will change to a four-leaf-clover shape. Using that cursor, click on the
Highlight button on the toolbar. This opens the Customize Keyboard dialog
with the Highlight command already selected and the cursor in the "Press new
shortcut key" box. Type whatever key combination you want to use.

When you type the combination, the "Currently assigned to" label will show
you either "[unassigned]" or the name of a command that combination is
already assigned to. If you don't mind removing the current assignment and
replacing it with the Highlight command, go ahead and click the Assign
button and then Close. If you'd rather keep the current assignment and try a
different combination, press the Backspace key to clear the shortcut box and
then press the new combination.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman