Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Teresa Teresa is offline

Default Hyperlink Troubleshooting

Two of my hyperlinks are mapped to a document that has since undergone a
filename change. There are over 160 hyperlinks in my current document and I
dont know how to find the errant two. (Im processing this current document
in my online help application, and am going by what it is telling me in the
log.)

Is there a way to generate a hyperlink report? How can I find the incorrect
hyperlinks?

Im using Word 2003 on XP. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

To find the incorrect hyperlinks use these steps:

- Press Alt+F9 to toggle your field codes
- Press F5 to open the Find and Replace dialog box
- Click the Find tab and in the Find What text box, type the incorrect
filename
- Use Find Next to find each occurrence of the filename in the document.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Teresa" wrote in message
Two of my hyperlinks are mapped to a document that has since undergone a
filename change. There are over 160 hyperlinks in my current document and
don't know how to find the errant two. (I'm processing this current
document
in my online help application, and am going by what it is telling me in
the
log.)

Is there a way to generate a hyperlink report? How can I find the
incorrect
hyperlinks?

I'm using Word 2003 on XP. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harvey Harvey is offline

Do you know the old names for those two documents? if yes then you can find
them using edit\find.
--
Best regards,
Harvey

"Teresa" wrote:

Two of my hyperlinks are mapped to a document that has since undergone a
filename change. There are over 160 hyperlinks in my current document and I
dont know how to find the errant two. (Im processing this current document
in my online help application, and am going by what it is telling me in the
log.)

Is there a way to generate a hyperlink report? How can I find the incorrect
hyperlinks?

Im using Word 2003 on XP. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

Using Find is the easiest wa to find the two errant links; if you need to
generate the a full list at the end of a document with the heading "LIst of
hyperlinks in this document, create the following macro

Selection.EndKey Unit:=wdStory
Selection.InsertBreak Type:=wdPageBreak
Selection.Style = ActiveDocument.Styles("Heading 3")
Selection.TypeText Text:="List of hyperlinks in this document"
Selection.TypeParagraph

Dim hlHyperlink As Hyperlink
For Each hlHyperlink In ActiveDocument.Hyperlinks
Selection.TypeText Text:=hlHyperlink.Name
Selection.TypeParagraph
Next

For how to copy this macro and use it, see the following:

"Teresa" wrote:

Two of my hyperlinks are mapped to a document that has since undergone a
filename change. There are over 160 hyperlinks in my current document and I
dont know how to find the errant two. (Im processing this current document
in my online help application, and am going by what it is telling me in the
log.)

Is there a way to generate a hyperlink report? How can I find the incorrect
hyperlinks?

Im using Word 2003 on XP. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

You're welcome. Hopefully you found what you were looking for and now have
everything corrected. :-)