Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LSventures LSventures is offline

Default Get rid of highlighting for track changes/comments in Word 2003

I am making comments and tracking my changes to text in a Word form
(protection removed). When I add a comment, all the text (several paragraphs
and bulleted text) in that section of the form is highlighted -- making it
very hard to read. Balloons etc all look fine but nothing gets rid of the
highlighting -- even changing the reviewer's color to white leaves a gray
shadow as the highlight. Help!!! Please!!! This is due tomorrow.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
djprius djprius is offline

If you are talking about the highlighting for "Comments" only, I have
found that I can do as follows in Word 2007: You can "select" the space
after a sentence (and after a period at the end of paragraph before
you press [Enter]) and the click New Comment. Just the space is
highlighted -- so no text is obscured. Using this approach, though,
might not adequately SHOW exactly what your comments applies to. Hence,
you might need to say in the Comment, for example, "In the prior
sentence, ...." or "In the prior two paragraphs, ...."

David