Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bragdash Bragdash is offline

Default Updating Inserted References

How do I update my TOC without deleting my LOF and LOT?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Updating the TOC field should not delete your LOF or LOT unless you
either nested your LOF and LOT fields inside the TOC fields, or manually
typed the LOF and LOT inside the TOC.

Bragdash wrote:

How do I update my TOC without deleting my LOF and LOT?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bragdash Bragdash is offline

It doesn't look nested to me.
I had to jump through some hoops just to produce the LOF. I think I had to
insert a page break or a section break and then I deleted the section break.
Maybe I just need to know how to create these things properly. It is not
intuitive for me.