Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paul paul is offline

Default new page forms at bottom of monitor screen

Not too sure how to explain this--I can do a screenshot later--but often in
MS Word 2000, I am typing and then a new line forms (not a hard return),
which starts at the top of a new page that had just been automatically
formed. I have noticed several times, that Word will not adjust my view, to
make the new line somewhere around the middle of my display, but will keep
Word (and the cursor) right where it was, down at the bottom of my display.
This is so bad that often, I can only see the top half of the new line that
has been created, forcing me to use the scroll bars along the right side of
the page. Is there any way I can change this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paul paul is offline

Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?i...mofpagegn2.jpg

This one happened after I hit enter.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What is the issue here? You filled one page and Word started another one;
isn't that what you expect?

"Paul" wrote in message
Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?i...mofpagegn2.jpg

This one happened after I hit enter.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paul paul is offline

Suzanne, what I don't like is that as the image shows, the new page is
started at the very bottom of the screen, where I can only see the top half
of the letters. I don't ever recall that happening before, with other
versions of Word or any other word processor. When I form a new page in
other versions/programs, the line I am typing on is shifted up towards the
middle of the page.

I have been using print view (its what I'm used to and what feels
comfortable)--but honestly, I'm not sure that this is normal, regardless of
the type of view.

"Paul" wrote in message
Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?i...mofpagegn2.jpg

This one happened after I hit enter.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ah, I see. Yes, many users complain of that. It happens to me, too, and I do
find it annoying. It has something to do with the video card, the screen
resolution, or other arcana and is not, I think, specifically a Word issue.
In any case, I've never seen a solution offered.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What is the issue here? You filled one page and Word started another

one;
isn't that what you expect?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Paul" wrote in message
Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?i...mofpagegn2.jpg

This one happened after I hit enter.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paul paul is offline

OK, I'll go to my hardware problem forums and see what they have to say.
Thanks a lot for at least taking the time. I don't think most folks who post
here realize how great it is to have MS MVPs personally answer our pleas for
help.