Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
robisongroup robisongroup is offline

Default Where's the command for a footer showing page x of y?

In Word 2003 it was an easy find.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Double-click the footer to activate it. Then insert the following: { PAGE }
of { NUMPAGES }.

Note that each pair of field delimiters, { }, must be inserted with Ctrl+F9.
Then type the field codes as shown above. Press F9 to update. If necessary,
click Alt+F9 to show/hide field codes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"robisongroup" wrote in message
In Word 2003 it was an easy find.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Devonshire Devonshire is offline

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Double-click the footer to activate it. Then insert the following: { PAGE }
of { NUMPAGES }.

Note that each pair of field delimiters, { }, must be inserted with Ctrl+F9.
Then type the field codes as shown above. Press F9 to update. If necessary,
click Alt+F9 to show/hide field codes.

--

So complexity = power.

Is there a way to simplify this and make it a easy to find and use button on
the toolbar? I use this a lot too and was frustrated to find it more
difficult and complex...

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Well, I forgot to mention that you can click the Page Number button on the
Header & Footer Tools: Design ribbon tab (this tab displays when you've
activated the header/footer area); you should find the Page X of Y format
listed there.

Alternatively, create your own AutoText, type its name and then use F3 to
insert it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP