Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mennoen Mennoen is offline

Default How do you change the default list bullet/symbol?

Cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the default list symbol.
I can change it temporarily, but when I start a new list the same old symbols
return in their order. I just want a simple dash instead of diamonds and
squares. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You must associate this bullet with a style (List Bullet, say) and then
apply the style instead of clicking on the Bullets button (the Ctrl+Shift+L
keyboard shortcut will apply List Bullet style).

http://word.mvps.org

"Mennoen" wrote in message
Cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the default list
symbol.
I can change it temporarily, but when I start a new list the same old
symbols
return in their order. I just want a simple dash instead of diamonds and
squares. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Al U Mann Al U Mann is offline

Let me get this straight; when creating a new list, it might actually exhaust
1.6 seconds to choose the list symbol so desired, bypassing the eclectic,
colorful 'uns, for the remainder of the list. What's the world coming to, I
ask? Is there no relief? I must now hang my body from the highest tree ...
[why won't she write meeee? ™« ™ª]

"Mennoen" wrote:

Cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the default list symbol.
I can change it temporarily, but when I start a new list the same old symbols
return in their order. I just want a simple dash instead of diamonds and
squares. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Note that creating a bulleted style, as suggested by Suzanne, gives you more
than just a bullet symbol; it allows you to apply indentation, spacing,
fonts, etc. in a single step.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP