Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
flannad

Default paragraph spacing

I have gone into Word help and have yet to find the answer I am looking for.
When I am typing text into word with a line spacing of 2.0, the text appears
the way I want. However, when I press enter to start a new paragraph the
paragraph space is double what I want. I can't figure out how to reset the
default so the paragraph spacing in 2.0 just like the line spacing. Any
ideas??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly

Hi flannad

There are two settings at work here.

First, there is the vertical spacing of lines within a paragraph. That's
called Line Spacing and is controlled through Format Paragraph in the Line
Spacing controls.

Second, there is the vertical space before or after each paragraph. That's
controlled through Format Paragraph in the Spacing Before and After
settings.

You need to set both to suit your needs.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"flannad" wrote in message
I have gone into Word help and have yet to find the answer I am looking
for.
When I am typing text into word with a line spacing of 2.0, the text
appears
the way I want. However, when I press enter to start a new paragraph the
paragraph space is double what I want. I can't figure out how to reset
the
default so the paragraph spacing in 2.0 just like the line spacing. Any
ideas??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RajKohli

If you want to the settings as said by "Shauna Kelly" for every document then
you need to configure Style and Formatting for Normal Template.

1. Click Format - Style and Formatting.
2. Under Style and Formatting Task Pane (Right side of your screen) click
the Drop Down arrow of Normal and click Modify.
3. Click the Format button and choose Paragraph
4. Choose the settings as required and click Ok.
5. Check the "Add to Template" and apply the settings.