Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jbeech jbeech is offline

Default Buy Word 2003

Recently, when we bought new computers, we bought Office 2007 thinking if
both our computers had the same software we could work more efficiently.
Unfortunately, the new version looks and works completely different than what
we had before (one computer had Word 97 and the other had Word 2003).

Sadly, while I am sure someone much smarter than us decided this was better
for customers, we simply don't have time to learn how to use our software all
over again. Hence, does anyone know if there any way we get Office 2003 in
exchange for this new version, or have we simply wasted our money? Moreover,
does anyone know if there other software packages we can purchase, which look
like Word used to?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JGreg7 JGreg7 is offline

You can install a third party software package to add the normal menues in
place of the "ribbon".

If you search on this newsgroup for "2007 menu" you should be able to find
several program recommendations that will put the old style menus on Office
2007.

I have seen one in use and it does work just like the Word 2003 menus.
--
Thank you,
John Gregory

"jbeech" wrote:

Recently, when we bought new computers, we bought Office 2007 thinking if
both our computers had the same software we could work more efficiently.
Unfortunately, the new version looks and works completely different than what
we had before (one computer had Word 97 and the other had Word 2003).

Sadly, while I am sure someone much smarter than us decided this was better
for customers, we simply don't have time to learn how to use our software all
over again. Hence, does anyone know if there any way we get Office 2003 in
exchange for this new version, or have we simply wasted our money? Moreover,
does anyone know if there other software packages we can purchase, which look
like Word used to?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kittypaus kittypaus is offline

I have just the opposite problem. I have the 2003 disc and my new computer is
Win7 and I can't get the 2003 version to work. I'd gladly trade you.