Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tmrdean tmrdean is offline

Default How do I make Word index my whole concordance?

I made a concordance and then indexed the document but not all words were
marked and, in addition, things like "A", "I", etc were marked even though
not in the concordance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Hello tmrdean

tmrdean wrote:
I made a concordance and then indexed the document but not all words were
marked and, in addition, things like "A", "I", etc were marked even though
not in the concordance.

there's a nice article on the MVP site on why the result of a
concordance-based index is, well, sub-optimal at best. :-)

I've never heard of it indexing the wrong stuff, though. Single-letter
words are indexed in your case (with what)? Can you give an example of a
word that was not indexed? How large is your concordance file (how many
entries)?

Greetinx
Robert
--