Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael Michael is offline

Default Style Separator Used in a Frame (Word 2007)

Hello, I'm using MS Word 2007 on a PC with Windows XP.

Here is my issue:

I am putting a figure and caption in a frame, but i don't want the
entire caption to show up in my table of figures.

For example, I have a caption like:

Figure 2.1: Exploding Foil Initiator: (a) Overall; (b) Free-body diagram

I don't want the entire caption ": (a) Overall; (b) Free-body diagram" to
show up in my table of figures; therefore, I tried to use a style separator
and I have:

Figure 2.1: Exploding Foil Initiator % : (a) Overall; (b) Free-body diagram

where "%" is intended to represent the style separator symbol

The caption looks great when viewed on screen, however, when I print the
document or preview it, there's a line break, i.e., my caption is now:

Figure 2.1: Exploding Foil Initiator
: (a) Overall; (b) Free-body diagram

The ": (a) Overall; (b) Free-body diagram" is being pushed to the next line.

This only happens when I use a frame, if take the
caption out of the frame it looks perfectly fine, is there a way to work
around this?

Thank you for any help you can provide me...
--
Michael
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

I was not able to duplicate your results. So, I suggest that you make sure
the style for the figure parts is not the same as the style for the main
caption.

Pam

Michael wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael Michael is offline

Hi Pamelia. Thank you so much for your reply. Yeah, I've made sure the
styles are different. As I stated, when you view it on screen everything
looks great. But when looking at it in Print Preview or actually printing
the document, there is a line break right at the style separator.

Is there someway I can send you a page from my document to show you what's
occuring? I'm working on finishing up my Master's thesis and this little
issue is driving me nuts

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated...

Thank you,
--
Michael

Michael wrote:
[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Actually I misunderstood your problem. Suzanne got it right.

Pam

Michael wrote:
Hi Pamelia. Thank you so much for your reply. Yeah, I've made sure the
styles are different. As I stated, when you view it on screen everything
looks great. But when looking at it in Print Preview or actually printing
the document, there is a line break right at the style separator.

Is there someway I can send you a page from my document to show you what's
occuring? I'm working on finishing up my Master's thesis and this little
issue is driving me nuts

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated...

Thank you,
I was not able to duplicate your results. So, I suggest that you make sure
the style for the figure parts is not the same as the style for the main

[quoted text clipped - 34 lines]

Thank you for any help you can provide me...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael Michael is offline

Pamelia,

I don't understand...did I miss something? Is there a fix for this issue?

Thank you,