Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fut Fut is offline

Default MS Word 2007 makes files read-only for no apparent reason

Many have experienced this and I haven't found any solutions on this or other
forums.

Normally, like most others, I like to save the word document I am working on
every once in a while. The first few times I do this, there is no problem,
but eventually Word will decide that the file you are currently working on is
read-only and cannot be saved.

The read-only box in the file properties is NOT ticked and all security
permissions are in force for the user.

Please help. I am tired of saving my file under a different name every 5
minutes.