Mike E

Default Document map links not working

I am using the document map to update an 81 page document in Word 2003. When
I click on the link in the document map if that item is the first element on
a page the it links me to the element after the one I clicked on. If I put a
carriage return or anything at the top of the page the link will work. Is
this a bug? Is there a patch?

I hope I have explained this well enough.
Shauna Kelly

Hi Mike

Are there hard page breaks before the problem paragraphs? If so, delete them
and see if that fixes the problem.

To control the pagination, use Format Paragraph and on the Line and Page
Breaks tab, tick "Keep with next" if your aim is to keep this paragraph on
the same page as the next one.

If you really need to force a page break, tick "Page break before" on the
same tab.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word