Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Brey Ed Brey is offline

Default How do I keep the cursor visible when navigating?

In a document with several consequetive heading lines, when the document map
is visible, and the keyboard repeat rate is maxed out, when I hold down the
up or down arrow to quickly navigate over the headings, the cursor is not
displayed. If I let go of the key so the cursor stops, in a second or so, it
starts blinking, and I can see where I am. The document map tracks, but it
is often not efficient to visual shift between the document map and the
document map (the document map is more useful for parts of the document that
have a lot of non-heading text between headings). The problem is that it is
difficult to quickly get to a particular line with the keyboard.

Is there anything I'm missing that would provide feedback in the main
window? This appears to be a bug in Word 2007 related to its updating of the
document map, but maybe there's another way.