Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graywolf Graywolf is offline

Default Automate opening a merge with Mailmerge Recipients open

I'm trying to automate a Word Mailmerge using VB6. I have an interface built
that allows the user to pick the type of document and I have basic
datasources defined for each document. In this specific example I'm doing a
merge for mailing labels. However, the end user needs to further refine who
gets a mailing label and who doesn't. I have built into the interface the
ability to pick and choose from the original query list the people who should
get a label. I can then change the underlying query before opening the Word
document. However, I can't seem to get the Word document to behave properly
and display my narrowed down list of recipients. All I can get to come up is
the full list (as if I never changed the underlying query). It appears that
if I alter the datasource in any way, then the merge breaks. So now what I
would like to do is just bring up the merge document with the full list of
recipients and have the "Merge Recipients" window open so the end user can
refine their list from Word instead of from my interface. How do I get the
merge to open with the "Merge Recipients" window opened up?