Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter Peter is offline

Default How to get modeless (or floating) window for Building block Organi

I use the Building Block Ograniser for a bank of standard comments which are
added into assignments which I mark online. Ideally I would like to have the
Building Block Organiser in a modeless window that floats on the desktop
allowing me to highlight the entry then INSERT to insert it without having to
reopen it each time.

Is there a way of doing this?

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Peter Evans
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Peter,

You may want to take a look at http://toggletoolbar.com I don't recall if the building block organizer is an entry that can end up
'floating', but in theory you can create (not through the user interface) movable panes (as demonstrated in that add-in). Fellow
MVP Greg Maxey was, I believe, working on looking at these.

In the meantime you may want to add one of the 'Custom Gallery' entries to the Quick Access Toolbar and create or move your most
commonly used entries into that gallery (see my other post on some of the naming/organizing possibilities). You can also assign
keyboard shortcuts to any of the Building Block entries.

===========

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Peter,

I use the Building Block Ograniser for a bank of standard comments which are
added into assignments which I mark online. Ideally I would like to have the
Building Block Organiser in a modeless window that floats on the desktop
allowing me to highlight the entry then INSERT to insert it without having to
reopen it each time.

Is there a way of doing this?

FWIW a co-author (Christain Fressdorf) worked out his own "Organizer" when
writing the chapter on Building Blocks for our book "Word Programmierung - Das
Handbuch". It is, however, in German...

He's not usually in this newsgroup, although he sometimes drops in at
word.vba.general. And he's often in de.word.vba. He might be willing to share
the code, or cobble up something customized for you (perhaps for a price, I
don't know his policy).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org