Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

Default Include boilerplate text in a style? (Word 2003)

Is there a way to include text in a style?

To illustrate, imagine that I'd like to have a style named First Name, which
will be used for text that appears like this: First Name: Barack. The
"First Name" would be part of the style, and "Barack" would be entered.

I know how to get this effect with cross-references to bookmarked text, or
with forms. What I'd like to know is if it can be made as part of the style.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes, you can do this with a "numbered" style. In the same way that you can
include, say, "Chapter" before the number, you can include any other
relatively short text, and you can omit the number. For more, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/QandA.htm (note: not updated for Word
2007).