Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GeorgeW6

Default Microsoft Word 2003 How to encrpyt emails for Outlook

Microsoft IE 6, Microsoft XP Professional, Word 2003, Outlook 2003

I need to provide security for emails sent from my computer to another
individual. I am concerned because a known hacker still has access to the
recipient's computer after installing a key tracker and hijacking the
recipients email account to send emails under the recipients email address.
(that was taken care of with spybot and other means)

Now, I found out that the hacker has been checking the History on the
recipient's computer. What else the hacker might be up to is anyone's guess.
I am not sure if encryption will help, but would like to find out if it
works.

After reading the HELP for encryption and certificates, I still do not
understand how to encrypt emails.

Does anyone know where there are good lessons on the subject, with online of
in any other resouce, such as books?

Aprreciate your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

If you really are subject to hacker activity, then the first plan would be
to identify how the hacker is accessing your PC and shut the door. This is
not a topic for a Word newsgroup.

It is quite common for spammers to forge legitimate e-mail addresses to send
out their garbage and you end up with the pile of rejection notices. This
does not mean the hacker has accessed the PC in order to do that.

You could password protect the documents you send - Word's encryption at
some of the higher setting levels (tools options security advanced) is
pretty secure and would take a lot of time and effort to crack if you were
to choose a hard to crack password (ie at least 8 unique characters that are
something more intelligently chosen than your dog's name) - and of course
the recipient must know the password and if there really is hacker activity
then you need to safeguard that password or you might as well not bother.

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
microsoft word for free aquina Microsoft Word Help 3 September 22nd 05 11:41 PM