Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Dan is offline

Default abby finereader

Has anyone had any luck getting Abby Finereader OCR program to work with Word
2007???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Dan,

If you're looking for the Insert from Scanner/Camera choice in Word 2007, that was removed by Microsoft. If you're using your
printer/scanner software to call Abbyy FineReader then it should work okay (I'm using Abbyy Finereader sprint 6.0 with a Lexmark
Printer/scanner, with Word 2007 for example).

If you had an earlier version of Office installed and you're getting a 'can't find Winword.exe' error then in your scanner software
settings you may need to update the links (or run a new search for apps) that can support scanning.

============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Dan is offline

Thanks for the reply, Bob. I'm using a Lexmark P4350 with ABBYY Finereader
Sprint 6.0 through Lexmark Imaging Studio interface. I choose "Scan and Edit
Text (OCR)" and select 'send to Microsoft Word'. It goes through the motions
then Word gives me the error "The file 11-14-2006 09;45;43AM.rtf is not
available". At one point it made reference to possible conflict with an
antivirus program - disabling Norton Antivirus auto-protect had no effect.
Any other suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Dan,

In your Norton Antivirus software settings, in the miscellaneous tab see if turning off the 'Office Plug in' helps (leave your other
protection turned on).

============
"Dan" wrote in message ...
Thanks for the reply, Bob. I'm using a Lexmark P4350 with ABBYY Finereader
Sprint 6.0 through Lexmark Imaging Studio interface. I choose "Scan and Edit
Text (OCR)" and select 'send to Microsoft Word'. It goes through the motions
then Word gives me the error "The file 11-14-2006 09;45;43AM.rtf is not
available". At one point it made reference to possible conflict with an
antivirus program - disabling Norton Antivirus auto-protect had no effect.
Any other suggestions?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP