Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Horatio J. Bilge, Jr. Horatio J. Bilge, Jr. is offline

Default No macros, but still prompted to enable them

I have a file that prompts me to enable macros when I open it, even though
there are no macros in the file.

It was created with a template, and the template had an AutoNew() sub, but
the last line of the AutoNew() sub was supposed to remove the macros:
ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate = NormalTemplate

Now when I open the file, I am prompted to enable macros. In the visual
basic editor, all that appears is "ThisDocument" with no code, and "Reference
to Normal."

Where is the macro warning coming from?

~ Horatio
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Save the file in .rtf format, close it, then re-open it and re-save it in
..doc format. The way in which you describe it as having been created would
not have caused this problem.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Horatio J. Bilge, Jr." wrote in
message ...
I have a file that prompts me to enable macros when I open it, even though
there are no macros in the file.

It was created with a template, and the template had an AutoNew() sub, but
the last line of the AutoNew() sub was supposed to remove the macros:
ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate = NormalTemplate

Now when I open the file, I am prompted to enable macros. In the visual
basic editor, all that appears is "ThisDocument" with no code, and
"Reference
to Normal."

Where is the macro warning coming from?

~ Horatio

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Horatio J. Bilge, Jr. Horatio J. Bilge, Jr. is offline

Thank you for the solution - I just wish I knew how the macro got there in
the first place.

~ Horatio