Sally S.

Default How to insert text box-not a frame in Word 2003?

Word 2003 - I click to add a text box from the drawing toolbar and instead a
huge frame is inserted. I don't want the frame, just a text box. This is a
waste of time - any way to avoid it? This didn't happen in Word 2000.
Jay Freedman

Sally S. wrote:
Word 2003 - I click to add a text box from the drawing toolbar and
instead a huge frame is inserted. I don't want the frame, just a
text box. This is a waste of time - any way to avoid it? This
didn't happen in Word 2000.

In Tools Options General, uncheck "Automatically create drawing canvas".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

This is not a frame; it's the drawing canvas. There's an option on the
General tab of Tools | Options to disable it.

The advantages of the drawing canvas surface when you're trying to
manipulate a lot of AutoShapes, add connectors, etc. When you need to use
it, you can use Insert | Picture | New Drawing.