Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
deadbeckett

Default How do I print a smaller image?

I have a cover page to a book which I want to reduce to fit a CD Jewel case
which is 5" by 5". This seems so simple but it's driving me crazy. I'm
working in Windows XPand Word 2002 and my current image is on the standards 8
1/2 by 11" inches..
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Select the picture and from the Format menu, select Picture and use the Size
tab in the FormatPicture dialog that appears.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"deadbeckett" wrote in message
I have a cover page to a book which I want to reduce to fit a CD Jewel
case
which is 5" by 5". This seems so simple but it's driving me crazy. I'm
working in Windows XPand Word 2002 and my current image is on the
standards 8
1/2 by 11" inches..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
deadbeckett

In Word 2002 there is no Format/Picture even after I select the picture no
"Picture" appears under "Format"

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Select the picture and from the Format menu, select Picture and use the Size
tab in the FormatPicture dialog that appears.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"deadbeckett" wrote in message
I have a cover page to a book which I want to reduce to fit a CD Jewel
case
which is 5" by 5". This seems so simple but it's driving me crazy. I'm
working in Windows XPand Word 2002 and my current image is on the
standards 8
1/2 by 11" inches..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Possibly the image in your cover page is Behind Text? Display the Drawing
toolbar and click on the Select Objects tool (big white arrow at the left
end). This will allow you to select any object without touching text. If the
image was inserted as a watermark, it will be anchored to the page header,
and you will need to use View | Header and Footer to access it.