Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stephen Glynn

Default Using Access as a Merge Source

Not sure where I should be asking this, so let's start here...

I've set up Access -- using the code I found at
http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0043.htm -- to launch Word from
Access and then automatically perform a using a template that uses an
Access query as its data source.

This means I can generate individual letters from Access, pulling in
data appropriate to whoever I'm writing to.

So far, so good. However, even though I've got the Suppress Blank
Lines in Addresses option turned on, it's still leaving blank lines
where AddressLine2 is empty in the Access table. Is there any way I
can fix this in Word, other than just editing the blank line out the
document before I print it? This will be OK for individual letters,
but will be a problem if I ever do any bulk mailings.

Or should I be fixing the problem at the Access end of things?

It's Word and Access 2000.

Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stephen Glynn

Ooops. Not a problem. I've just realised I was looking at the document
*before* it was merged.

Steve