drybones

Default Does Word 2003 have arrows etc. ?

Need to use fractions and arrows in a document.

Any chance that they might be available?

Thanks to all who might reply,
drybones

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Symbols font

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"drybones" wrote in message
Need to use fractions and arrows in a document.

Any chance that they might be available?

Thanks to all who might reply,
drybones

Depending on your needs, you may be able to get by with characters from the
Symbol font, as JoAnn suggests, or one of the Wingdings fonts (Wingdings 3
is pretty much all arrows); see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm. For fractions, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm. If you're trying to
write equations, you should be using Word's Equation Editor.

"drybones" wrote in message
Need to use fractions and arrows in a document.

Any chance that they might be available?

Thanks to all who might reply,
drybones

Pat Garard

G'Day DryBones,

Investigate:

FRACTIONS
==========
Most fonts include single characters that represent fractions:
Symbol Numeric KeyPad Usually available in AutoCorrect
¼ ALT+0188 Type "1/4" followed by SPACE
½ ALT+0189 Type "1/2" followed by SPACE
¾ ALT+0190 Type "3/4" followed by SPACE

Word supports other characters, that this News Reader application (Outlook
Express) does not support. Those characters represent the fractions:
1/3 Type "2153" followed by ALT+X
2/3 Type "2154" followed by ALT+X
1/8 Type "215B" followed by ALT+X
3/8 Type "215C' followed by ALT+X
5/8 Type "215D" followed by ALT+X
7/8 Type "215E" followed by ALT+X.
(You could add these to AutoCorrect yourself).

These are the ONLY fractions generally available to Word as characters.

To improve on this,see:
http://www.gmayor.com/createfraction.htm (also has the VBA code)
or
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...teFraction.htm
for the general method.

ARROWS (and more...)
=================
Menu: InsertSymbol

Look at the following fonts (in particular):
Symbol
MT Extra
Wingdings
Wingdings 2
Wingdings 3
Webdings .........(there are others).

BULLETS
=======
Most of these Symbols are also available as 'bullets'.
Menu: FormatBullets and Numbering...
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"drybones" wrote in message
Need to use fractions and arrows in a document.

Any chance that they might be available?

Thanks to all who might reply,
drybones

Stan Brown

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 13:35:16 -0700, "drybones"
wrote:

Need to use fractions and arrows in a document.

Any chance that they might be available?

Insert Symbol

Some arrows and fractions will be available in your normal text
font; for others change the drop-down font selector to Symbol or
Wingdings.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?"
"My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters."
"The waters? What waters? We're in the desert."
"I was misinformed."

Stan Brown

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 07:13:34 +1000, "Pat Garard"
apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau wrote:

Word supports other characters, that this News Reader application (Outlook
Express) does not support. Those characters represent the fractions:
1/3 Type "2153" followed by ALT+X
2/3 Type "2154" followed by ALT+X
1/8 Type "215B" followed by ALT+X
3/8 Type "215C' followed by ALT+X
5/8 Type "215D" followed by ALT+X
7/8 Type "215E" followed by ALT+X.
(You could add these to AutoCorrect yourself).

Just a word of warning to the OP: Not every font has those
characters.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm for
how to tell which ones are in your font and what to do if the ones
you want aren't available.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?"
"My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters."
"The waters? What waters? We're in the desert."
"I was misinformed."
Gilles Desjardins

You may wish to insert more complex equations. Insert, object, Microsoft
Equation 3.

This will give you a sophisticated math "writing area"

Gilles Desjardins
"drybones" wrote in message
Need to use fractions and arrows in a document.

Any chance that they might be available?

Thanks to all who might reply,
drybones

drybones

WOW!!!,
Information overload~~~ 8^))

I must thank each of you for your kindness and let you know
that I shall explore all advisories.
Drybones

.. .