Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Joe

Default Save Pic in Word Doc as .jpg

One of our Senior Group members here has ask me how he can say a picture in
a Word Document as a .jpg.

He has sent me an email with an attachment which has a .doc extension which
I can open with Word, there are a number of pictures in the file but I can't
find a simple way to convert the pictures to a .jpg.

The only way that I can do this is to send the file to myself via email and
then right click on the picture, select 'Save Picture As' which only give me
the two options of .gif or .bmp, so I save as .gif and then rename to .jpg.

I know that this is not the right way to do it so I would really appreciate
some advice on this so as to advise our member.

Right click on the picture in Word does not give me the option to save the
picture as anything.

Thank you.

--

Regards
Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc

Joe,
Why don't you save the Word document as a webpage. Word will create a folder
with all the files contained in your text including the pictures. It may be
called something like picture001.gif or something like that.
Luc
"Joe" schreef in bericht
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Joe

Thanks for your replies, I've passed that information on.

I tried it myself too but got more confused than ever -)

--

Regards
Joe

Joe wrote:
One of our Senior Group members here has ask me how he can say a picture
in a Word Document as a .jpg.

He has sent me an email with an attachment which has a .doc extension
which I can open with Word, there are a number of pictures in the file
but I can't find a simple way to convert the pictures to a .jpg.

The only way that I can do this is to send the file to myself via email
and then right click on the picture, select 'Save Picture As' which only
give me the two options of .gif or .bmp, so I save as .gif and then
rename to .jpg.

I know that this is not the right way to do it so I would really
appreciate some advice on this so as to advise our member.

Right click on the picture in Word does not give me the option to save
the picture as anything.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Joe

For information people, I have found a way to do what I wanted to.

Open the Word Document, right click on the graphic and select copy, open an
image editor/new page and paste, then pic can then be saved as a .jpg
without any hassle.

May help someone sometime with the same question.

Thanks for all the help offered.