Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RealGomer RealGomer is offline

Default Deleting extra spaces and paragraph marks

I have TXT file I converted to Word 2003 that used spaces instead of tabs for
indents and ended every line with a carriage return. Here's a sample:

..Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a ¶
............declaration of those things which are most surely believed ¶
............among us,¶
¶
..Even as they ***

I want to delete the extra spaces and carriage returns so it fills the page
better and is easier to read. Here's a sample of what I want to have:

Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of
those things which are most surely believed among us,¶
¶
Even as they ***

Is there anyway to achieve this without going through the 149 pages, 5,284
paragraphs, 7,564 lines, and 49,633 words in the document?

I tried AutoFormat and it inserted Headers, TOC, and who knows what all.
What a mess!
--
Für Elise - Support the Breast Cancer & Heart Foundations
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi RealGomer,

See: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Clean_Up_Text.htm

--
Cheers
macropod

"RealGomer" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RealGomer RealGomer is offline

YAY! Such a simple method to deleting leading spaces. Center Text, then Left
align text. Now for the extra paragraph marks.