Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
G. Holland G. Holland is offline

Default upgrading from 2000 to 2007

I work for a company that still uses Office 2000. I am experiencing Word 2000
difficulties in some files. When I replace an image (jpeg) it does not always
hold that image but reverts back to the older image. Would upgrading to
Office 2007 resolve the Word issue stated above?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi G

Word 2000 doesn't regularly fail to save an image that you insert into your
document, so whatever is happening won't be solved by changing to a
different version of Word.

Let's try to work out what the problem is: how are you inserting the image,
and how are you then saving the document? In particular, at Tools Options
View under Field Shading, choose "Always". Is there grey shading near the

area you're inserting your picture?

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"G. Holland" G. wrote in message
I work for a company that still uses Office 2000. I am experiencing Word
2000
difficulties in some files. When I replace an image (jpeg) it does not
always
hold that image but reverts back to the older image. Would upgrading to
Office 2007 resolve the Word issue stated above?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
G. Holland[_2_] G. Holland[_2_] is offline

Thanks Kelly,
I am inserting picture from file. This only happens every once in a while.
The problem being that I have compliance issues when this happens. I am
spending more time reviewing my work than necessary. The pictures are very
simular with minor changes, usually to call-outs.

So what I gather is that something else is creating this problem, not the
version of Word. I guess I now have a new issue, to figure out why this
happens on occassion.

Gregg