Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dr. Darrell

Default ... I want to insert Word Docs into my document, but I don't want

I am typing a large Document.

I have created a Document Style, which I have provided to several of my
associates. They in turn will type several chapters/sections.

I will insert those files into my Document.

My Document Style Includes a Table of Contents as waell as a Table of
Figures. I want the TOC's and TOF's to Remain as they were originally typed,
but I would like my final document to include a TOC which only identifies the
chapters/sections that I have inserted.

How do I keep my TOC and the previously created TOC's from automatically
updating?

Darrell
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Dr. Darrell wrote:
I am typing a large Document.

I have created a Document Style, which I have provided to several of
my associates. They in turn will type several chapters/sections.

I will insert those files into my Document.

My Document Style Includes a Table of Contents as waell as a Table of
Figures. I want the TOC's and TOF's to Remain as they were originally
typed, but I would like my final document to include a TOC which only
identifies the chapters/sections that I have inserted.

How do I keep my TOC and the previously created TOC's from
automatically updating?

Darrell

Before you insert any files into your document, go to each TOC, click once
in it, and press Ctrl+F11. That locks the TOC field so it won't update.

If you later want to update a TOC, click in it and press Ctrl+Shift+F11 to
unlock it, then press F9 to update, and Ctrl+F11 to lock it again.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

There is a switch in the IncludeText field that tells it to not update
fields in the included material. Check in help.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.