Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pagoni pagoni is offline

Default Wrong Date formats in Word Header/Footer

I'm using Word 2003 (Student edition)

My regional settings in Control Panel are for English (UK), with the
appropriate date formats (e.g. 13/9/2007)

When I use the Header and Footer toolbar, or Menu Insert Date and
Time... to add a date to my header or footer, it works fine, and inserts
13/9/2007

UNTIL ...

If I use any of the Insert auto text features from the Header and Footer
toolbar (from the dropdown or any of the available buttons), my date format
switches to English US, and inserts 9/13/2007. Menu Insert Date and
Time... also shows"English (US)".

Am I doing something wrong? Is there any way I can stop this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Turn off the auto-detection of languages, and see if that helps; you'll find
the option in Tools | Language | Set Language. For more on language settings
in Word, see http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP