Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sonia Sonia is offline

Default double-spacing

Hello there,
I have word 2007. I need to have double spacing in between paragraphs, and
single space in paragraph lines. Is there any way to do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Go to the Paragraph Format panel (Home tab, Paragraph group, arrow at
the bottom right corner) and set Line Spacing to Single (or to Exactly
some number) and Space After to some amount that looks right (or to
the same amount that you put under Exactly).

Better yet, do this in the Paragraph Style you use for your basic
text. (Ctrl-Alt-Shift-S, right-click on the name of the style you're
using, choose Modify, then Format at the bottom left, Paragraph)

On Dec 11, 3:10*pm, Sonia wrote:
Hello there,
I have word 2007. I need to have double spacing in between paragraphs, and
single space in paragraph lines. Is there any way to do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use "Single" for Line Spacing and choose 12 pt for Spacing Before or Spacing
After (which determines the spacing between paragraphs).

You can specify Spacing Before/After in the Paragraph group of the Page
Layout tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sonia" wrote in message
news
Hello there,
I have word 2007. I need to have double spacing in between paragraphs, and
single space in paragraph lines. Is there any way to do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word 2007 has built-in sets of pre-configured styles. The default is Normal.
When you use the default Word 2007 style set, the normal style has 1.15 line
spacing and 10 points of space after each paragraph. If you change to the
Word 2003 style set, the normal style has single line spacing and no space
after. You can adopt these styles as your default body text, or use one of
the other built-in styles as your default body text. Or you may modify any
of the default styles to provide the appearance you require and save the
changed styles as a personal style set.

You will find all the tools to select and change styles and style sets from
the Styles group on the Home tab.