Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
donmar donmar is offline

Default Why does WORD 2007 crash when closing?

When closing MS Word 2007 it always crashes (or stops working) and restarts.
Then it shows a "Close Program" button.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Hi,

This is usually caused by restarting of a computer after an update when Word
2007 is running. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=940791 for
instructions on how to fix the problem.

There have also been reports that this problem may be caused by corruption
of the default template (Normal.dotm), temporary files that were created for
documents that are opened, and certain HP printer drivers.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"donmar" wrote:

When closing MS Word 2007 it always crashes (or stops working) and restarts.
Then it shows a "Close Program" button.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I had it happen with my HP printer. I changed the default printer to
PrimoPDF and it no longer happens.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"donmar" wrote:

When closing MS Word 2007 it always crashes (or stops working) and
restarts.
Then it shows a "Close Program" button.

word 2007 crash needs immediate help jay sejpal Microsoft Word Help 1 November 9th 09 01:29 AM
Word 2007 Crash on Startup MAS-013 Microsoft Word Help 5 November 29th 07 10:43 PM
Word 2007 crash jacame New Users 14 July 31st 07 10:07 AM
Closing a Doc versus Closing the Program in Word 2007 Della Microsoft Word Help 4 June 6th 07 04:16 PM
Why does Word 2003 on MS XP crash on closing every time - ideas? gbrown@sub-one Microsoft Word Help 3 September 21st 05 04:16 AM