Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Working Smart Working Smart is offline

Default Linking two documents so they open simultaneously

How do I link two documents so that one of them opens up when the other is
openned? For example, I am working on a main document and there is a
reference list that I stored as a different document. Is there a way to link
the two so that when I open the main document, the reference document will
automatically open? Thnx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In your main document, you can insert a link to the reference list. Assuming
that you are using Word 2007, here's how to do that: Place the insertion
point at the appropriate location. On the Insert tab, click the arrow next
to Object, and then click Text from File. In the Insert File dialog box,
select the file to insert. Click the arrow next to the Insert button, and
choose Insert as Link.

In Word 2003, you can open the Insert File dialog box by clicking Insert |
File.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP